Pegasus Art
Artist specializing in oil painting and graphite drawings. Favorite subjects - Horses, Dogs and Cats.
www.pegasusglenfarm.com
www.pegasusglenfarm.com
Saturday, October 31, 2009
What an interesting experience....
When I bought Bee about five years ago I had just retired Pericles the year before. It did not occur to me that so much time would go by before I would get to ride again. This past year has been a bit of a test to my desire to move forward and continue riding. With Ellie's injury last summer and then me suffering from Lyme's disease I started to question if riding a green horse was a good idea. This past month has reminded me how much I do enjoy riding. Bee has been a bit of a challenge but she is also a very kind soul, so even though she would like to be with her pals grazing in the field she has so far been good enough to cart me around. We have had a couple of miss steps where I have come off her but we keep trying. My muscles are slowly remembering the two-point position and the trot with some rhythm. Each day seems a little easier. This Monday I will take Ellie to Kris's for a month and bring Bee home. I have to remind myself that she has only been under saddle for three months and I have only been back in the saddle for three weeks. We both need time to build new muscles and to remind old ones how to work. I know each new day will be an interesting experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.